We'll be updating this page as issues arise. If you still have a question or problem, feel free to drop us a note and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
General Trouble Shooting Tips
Having technical issues? This is rare, but it does happen. Try these steps first: log out and log back in again. Try switching web browsers or restarting your computer. If you still have issues, please email us.
The videos won't play, are real grainy, or the image jumps
This is most likely due to slow internet speeds. We recommend a minimum speed of at least 3.0 Mbps. (You can test your speed here.) If your speed is less than 2.0 Mbps, you may want to watch the videos from a location with faster internet. You can also try pausing the video and allowing it to 'load', then come back to it in a few minutes.
How do I add a Profile Picture?
We apologize for the complexity of this process. There are way more steps than we'd prefer! To add your profile picture:
- Login to Next Step Dharma. (If you're already logged in and don't see a generic" person" icon in the upper left, click the little yellow circle in the upper right to go back to your course dashboard.)
- Click the generic person icon, then click "Edit Profile" (see image to right)
- Under "Profile Image", click "Create Gravatar Account" (see image to right).
- If you have a Wordpress account, sign in. If not, click "Create your own Gravatar." Create an account, and look for an email from "Wordpress.com..." with the subject line "Activate..." Open the email and click the blue "Activate Account" button.
- You'll be redirected back to a Wordpress.com site. Click "Sign in to Gravatar" and login with the user account info you just created.
- It will say "Whoops, looks like you don't have any images yet!" Click the blue text "Add one by clicking here."
- Click "Upload New" if you have a photo you want to use, or "Webcam" if you'd like to take one.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the picture on your computer, then click "Next."
- Adjust the size, click "Crop and Finish."
- Last Step: Be sure to "Choose a Rating" for your photo. Then, log out of Gravatar/Word Press, then head back to Next Step Dharma. We know... it's way too complicated!